doozer

I would certainly recommend the plasti-kote sprays. I recently did a
radiator in copper using them and it worked brilliantly. As others have
said it does smell for a while (about a week) and while it still smells
I found you can't hang things on the radiator to dry or it will damage
the finish (I accidentally lent on it about 2 days after I sprayed it).

At the time I wondered about looking for a high temp lacquer or
something that I could spray over the top to give it a harder finish but
it seems to have toughened up now so I didn't never got round to it.

Graham

Andrew Chesters wrote:
Howard wrote:

I googled a bit for this subject, but can't find specifics regarding
radiators,

Is it recommended or not, to use spray on Hammerite (gloss white) on a
bathroom rad?

Never tried Hammerite itself.

There are special radiator paints out there. I've tried two, a brush-on
type that was truly foul to use and it gassed horribly, and a spray made
by "Plasti-kote". Whilst this is not particularly nice to use, it a) is
less offensive, and b) covers pretty well. Dries in an hour.