Stephen

Default Texas Turners question

I'm expecting to be in the Houson area for the middle couple of weeks of
March. I'd be interested in visiting any woodturning groups or any special
events particularly related to Mesquite or other local Texas crafts.

I know someone lately here in this NG asked for some mesquite and was
offered a couple of billets (chunks of firewood) or a couple of green logs
from an arbourist to throw in the back of his pick-up truck. If only I could
pack the same in a suitcase and import it into Canada.
My local supplier
http://www.blackforestwood.com/
doesn't stock any.

To share what I've found so far:

Here's a link to the Texas Mesquite Assn which is having a seminar in March,
but it's a couple of hundred miles west of Houston - sounds like a lot of
fun:
http://www.texasmesquiteassn.org/

Here's a vendor of mesquite wood:
http://www.tbird-hardwoods.com

Additional info appreciated - thanks in advance

signup-42-at-shaw-dot-ca
remove-the-hyphens