Martin Angove

Default Torbeck valve and hammer

In message ,
"Christian McArdle" wrote:

Unfortunately, there's no room for a valve on the pipe to the
cistern as it disappears directly into a wall...

A water hammer arrester (effectively a tiny expansion vessel) will cure the
bang. However, you'll have to have some access to the pipe to fit it, unless
you manage to contrive a solution internal to the cistern with a T-piece and
pipe bender.

Yes, that's the sort of thing I'm after... it's just that the pipe isn't
(easily) accessible closer than... ooh, 4m to the toilet.

Having said that, we also get bang when taps are closed too quickly,
particularly in the kitchen where they are 1/4 turn ceramic disc things,
so an arrestor somewhere more central in the pipework might not be a bad
idea.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... I'm not dead; I'm metabolically challenged.