Default Wiring into a doenstairs toilet.

Andrew McKay wrote:
On 3 Jul 2003 10:57:13 GMT, wrote:

What particular risk is there if an (electrical) appliance is dropped
into the sink?

I'm guessing.

Presumably the moist human body might be a better conductor than
direct water - we are after all referred to as "carbon life forms",
and as far as I can recall carbon is a good conductor.

?? It's not the carbon in our bodies that makes them (rather poorly)
conductive, it's the water. The addition of water to our skin just
makes better (electrical) contact between ourselves and whatever we're
touching.

But I *still* don't see how this relates to the danger of dropping an
electrical appliance in the sink. Unless you keep hold of it as it
drops in the water, and even then it doesn't seem to be a particularly
dangerous thing to do.

--
Chris Green )