Larry Jaques

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:48:44 GMT, the inscrutable Lew Hartswick
spake:

Emmo wrote:

All of you should read "Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven, a really great SF
author...

I've read a lot of Larry Niven back when Sci Fi was scientific ( before
it became psychology and sex ) and the title sounds familiar but
nothing of the story. Give me a few hints.
...lew...

That was the ONLY Niven book I didn't finish. I wanted other worlds,
not a disaster on Earth, at the time so I read 30 pages and took it
back to the library. The plot was evidently similar to the movies
"Armageddon" and "Asteroid." From Amazon.com:

Editorial Reviews

From the Publisher
I think this is one of the most exciting, inspiring books I've ever
read. Humankind, faced with overwhelming cataclysm, regroups to fight
its way back to civilization. All the way back; no settling for
another uncomfortable, time-wasting Dark Age. It is a story with brain
and heart--and a lot of both--and I can't figure how it missed that
list of the hundred best books of the century.

--Veronica Chapman, Senior Editor--This text refers to the Paperback
edition.

Product Description:
The gigantic comet had slammed into Earth, forging earthquakes a
thousand times too powerful to measure on the Richter scale, tidal
waves thousands of feet high. Cities were turned into oceans; oceans
turned into steam. It was the beginning of a new Ice Age and the end
of civilization. But for the terrified men and women chance had saved,
it was also the dawn of a new struggle for survival--a struggle more
dangerous and challenging than any they had ever known....
"Massively entertaining."
CLEVELAND PLAIN-DEALER

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming