mac davis

On 18 Feb 2005 10:18:10 -0800, "
wrote:

Mac, I just picked up the exact same Ridgid about 45 minutes ago. What
are your thoughts on this saw?

mac

Thought ONE: follow the part of the assembly directions that state "have a
helper when you take the band saw out of the box and place on stand"..

I spent over an hour putting the stand together and then didn't have the
patience to go find help..
As usual, my 58 year body still pictured myself as 25, so I did it by myself..
NOT a good idea..

Once the thing is assembled and steady on the feet, it seems very nice...
I can't compare it to any other saw, but the bottom guides seem really hard to
get to and/or see when you do your adjustments... almost need to take the table
off to do it right..

The dust collection is very poor.. I'm thinking of putting a 4" port in the
bottom door, but it would be a PITA for cleaning and stuff, and if you happen to
stand in front of the table, it would get in the way..

I was sort of worried about the Ridgid brand, but it's the same as a Grizzly, so
it can't be that bad.. it cuts well and now I wonder what I did without it!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing