On 18 Feb 2005 17:13:26 -0800, someone wrote:

Hi to all, I have a 24ft above ground pool and my winter cover has a
hole in it. The pool is now completely filled with ice. Just wondering
if anyone living in the northeast has survived a similar problem and
what was done to try and get the water, as it melts, out of the pool.

Not being a pool owner, I guess I don't get it.

Isn't a pool usually filled with water, and OK ice could damage the
pool but once the ice melts it is just water and that is what a pool
is designed to handle?

Now if the problem is debris - well, that's not what the post says, it
says how do you get water out of a pool. Dunno - whaddya do when it
rains, how do you get that out of the pool???.