jeffc

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

As always on a.h.r, people talk in terms of brand rather than actual
product. Comments such as "Benjamine Moore is great" or "Sherwin

Williams
sucks" are idiotic and worthless. This is equivalent to saying

"Chevrolets
are great" or "Chevrolets suck" and it turns out one guy is talking

about a
Chevette and the other is talking about a Corvette. Ridiculous. Most

paint
companies make good paint and cheap paint. Any discussion without

referring
to the actual product, not the brand, is a total waste of time.

To a certain extent, I'll agree....but I've been disappointed w/ S-W
"top quality" exterior paints to a far greater extent than other brands
over the last 5-6 years, however.

Well that's fine - even if you don't know what product "top quality" is,
at least you're talking about a specific paint, and not a company. Some
people will tell you for example that paint will not cover in 1 coat. Of
course Sherwin Williams Style Perfect will not, but Super Paint will.
Sherwin Williams will tell you the same thing.
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/diy/...atingchart.asp
But some people buy Style Perfect and then run around telling everyone
that Sherwin Williams is cheap paint. There is no such thing as Sherwin
Williams paint. There is only SW Style Perfect paint, SW Super Paint,
etc.