Artist

thank you for adding humor...
I just came back form the police officer...he said it's criminal not to pay
the contractor is 10 day of receiving a certified letter asking for payment.
The officer will summons me to court to pay him for work done in my home. I
have no recourse but to pay him. Then go after him through Superior County
Court with a civil suet.
This whole matter is mind blowing....
Thanks to everyone for their help and advise. It got me to go to back to the
police station and hear the officer again.

"Ed" wrote in message

wrote

Do NOT take legal advice from a police officer. Especially when the

issue
is not
criminal law. This is not a criminal law issue. The police officer is
trying to
be helpful, but giving you legal advice was an inappropriate thing for

him
do. You need to talk to a LAWYER, and very quickly!

BB

How true. Last summer I had chipmunks attacking the tomatoes in my garden.

called the PD to ask if I needed a permit too buy a BB gun. The officer

told
me a permit is no longer required but he asked why I wanted to buy a BB

gun.
I told him and he said I should just buy a Have A Heart trap and catch

them,
transport them to another area and release them. The next day a local
newspaper had a story about the huge chipmunk population and warned about
transporting them to another area. It seems that it's illegal to do so and
the story went on to say that the best alternative was to destroy the
chipmunks in a humain way, not with poisen in other words.