Rick Shaw

Andy Hill wrote:
"EggRaid" wrote:

There is an area around where the main is that is a little greener than the
rest of the yard, but I don't know if it is significant enough to be b/c of
the leak, or coincidence since that part of the yard has a tree that
protects the grass better during the hot texas months. Also, does this
matter in "winter" anyway?

Texas, eh? Slab foundation? Water lines in slab? If so, might need a
plumber with the equipment to "listen" for the water leak hiss.

I had two pampas plants in both sides of my drive in San Antonio, Texas.
Ran into the same thing, Water folks said the meter was accurate and
upon some investigation noted that the pampas plant on the meter side
was somewhat bigger than that other. Had an excellent plumber who stood
outside my garage and found the leak in a matter of minutes by
listening. I couldn't hear niagara falls if I stood on the edge!
Fortunately the water company agreed that upon getting it fixed they'd
split the bill......

Dennis