MrCheerful

Default how do I change electric drill chuck?

Niel A. Farrow wrote:
I've bought a new 3/8 keyless chuck for my B&D drill and even before

can find out that the new one is the wrong type and doesn't fit I'm
stuck, since I can't get the old one off the drill (old one doesn't
tighten very well and works loose).

I've removed the screw from the chuck, where one inserts the drill
bit, but the chuck is still very tight etc.

I've looked in my DIY books and skill books but no help ..

Thank you,
Neil

Having removed the central locking screw from the chuck, get a large
allen key and insert into the chuck and tighten chuck, use a hammer to
hit the end of the allen key so as to rotate the chuck off the nose of
the drill, if it is a geared multo speed drill then put it to low
speed. The chuck needs to rotate anticlock wise (looked at from the
open end of the chuck)

MrCheerful