Michael McNeil

Default Door Hinges Jig

(jacob) wrote in message . com...
Easier to do it by hand with a bit of practice. You need a sliding
bevel. sharp knife or scribing point , marking guage, sharp chisel or
two, mallet.
If you try to use a router then you end up fiddling with jigs etc and
needing different ones for different jobs, not to mention the noise,
dust, general inconvenience, why bother it's no quicker, though
perhaps it could be in a production set up for long runs.

cheers

Jacob

If you have the jig and a router then it is a vast saving. I got mine
from someone at work but never used it. Then one day I looked at it
again and saw it had the right bit in it and a "top-hat" as part of
the plate.

It makes a tremendous saving if you are doing a lot of houses. I am a
second fix joiner. The doors I am fitting at the moment are hardboard
faced so routing is easier for even just one door. (I hate that
stuff!)