EggRaid

Default Where is the Water Leak? 6,000 Gallons missing

Hello,

I have noticed my water bill reflecting increased consumption the past few
months, but now it has peaked and I know that we aren't using 11,000 gallons
between two people. The past year I was barely breaking 5,000 except in
June when I used the built-in sprinklers.

I turned off all water devices in the house and checked the main--the meter
is still turning. I also shut off the sprinkler supply at the main--still
turning.

Certainly I would notice 6,000 gallons of water if it were leaking in my
house so it would have to be being drained or leaking into the ground. I
have checked everything in the house and there are no leaks.

What are your suggestions as next steps? How do I test if the pipe from the
main to the house is leaking? Should I call a pro, etc?

Thanks,

ER