Matt

Default how do I change electric drill chuck?

IIRC correctly when I changed the knackered chuck on my black and decker
cordless (some time ago now) I removed the screw, inserted a rod of some
sort in the key hole, and whacked it with a hammer, left hand thread I
guess. Good luck.

Matt

"Niel A. Farrow" wrote in message
I've bought a new 3/8 keyless chuck for my B&D drill and even before I
can find out that the new one is the wrong type and doesn't fit I'm stuck,
since I can't get the old one off the drill (old one doesn't tighten
very well and works loose).

I've removed the screw from the chuck, where one inserts the drill bit,
but the chuck is still very tight etc.

I've looked in my DIY books and skill books but no help ..

Thank you,
Neil

---