Martin Angove

Default Torbeck valve and hammer

In message ,
John Rumm wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

The bathroom feed seems to come straight from the mains by the way,
rather than through the header tank, if that makes any difference.

It sure does. Did you put in the HP flow reducer?

If the flow is still too high, try including a service valve in the
pipe as well, and adjust down a bit.

[Andy]

The HP flow reducer made filling excruciatingly slow, so I put the LP
one in instead. Mains is 15mm from the road. To be honest, the bang was
better without either, but I was a bit worried about the amount of water
trying to squeeze down that polythene tube! Unfortunately, there's no
room for a valve on the pipe to the cistern as it disappears directly
into a wall...

A few pipe clips might help as well if you have any lenghts of pipe that
are able to move about too much.

[John]

Likewise. I suppose there *may* be some access to the pipe somewhere,
but it comes up through the floor in the downstairs loo, straight up
into the ceiling which is the floor of the bathroom, and then under the
bath (under the floor) to the wall by the loo. None of the floorboards
have been up since the house was built, even the bathroom suite is
original (1967), and the bit of wall (wood clad, mind you) in which the
pipe is buried is partly tiled.

Is there any kind of "capacitor" I could fit near the incoming perhaps?

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Govt investigations contribute more to amusement than knowledge.