trbarker

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Phisherman" wrote in message
I tried freezing the assembly and heating the outside, but this didn't
work either. I called Woodcraft (where I bought these items) and
explained the issue and they asked me to bring it in. I did. One of
the workers there who specialized in turning, took the assembly to the
shop where I watched him work. He had a narrow wedge that was too
small so he fit two allen wrenches on either side, whacked the
adapter, and it came loose! It turns out that my wedge key was not
hitting the tang enough, but the use of the allen wrenches was enough.
He did say it was the toughest frozen Morse taper he ever dealt with.
I examined the taper and there was a layer of very light rust on it,
although it is smooth and undamaged. Thanks to all ideas here.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:01:14 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

I have a 2-3 Morse taper adapter stuck onto a #2 Jacobs chuck taper.
I tried tapping a Morse taper wedge into the side slot. I tried
applying Liquid Wrench. I tried tapping with a nail set. I looked
for another Morse taper key at Sears, but the guy did not know
anything about Morse tapers. I Googled this without much help.
Anyone have any ideas? I did not force this adapter into the adapter,
yet it seems like it is permanently stuck. Please help.