tom w

Default cat5 modules and faceplates

Just for future reference, the parts from RS work a treat, and match the
other Logic Plus fittings well (although they seem to be a marginally
brighter white than the power sockets).
Stock numbers (from www.rs-components.co.uk):

340-7044 - Faceplates (Logic Plus, single socket size, 2 ports, white)
210-5321 - Adaptors (to fit RJ45 modules into the faceplate, white)
241-8251 - RJ45 Sockets (Krone, white shutter)

Cheers

Tom

"SpamTrapSeeSig" wrote in message
In article , Lobster
writes
I know all about MK modules now, as I've been trying to source their
one fitted with a TV coax socket, without success (see other thread!).
If you find a suitable supplier please let me know - maybe we can
split the minimum order charge or something!

I gave up on this a while back. I now use blanking modules drilled and
fitted with one or two BNC sockets. It looks very neat and tidy.

The other thing I found to be brilliant is the 3-way modular face plates
that RS sell. I realised I had some places in the (home) office where I
needed up to six outlets, and having to put power sockets alongside the
wall would've just been a mess if I couldn't find a way of getting more
sockets into a 2-gang plasterbox.

Basically they're 3x shuttered outlets in the space of 2 standard RJ45
modules. You can thus have three in a single box or six in a double, or
3 + two standard size modules (of any type). The sockets themselves are
separate and clip onto the back, so you can have 1, 2 or 3 populated.
They even do a 6-way high density module (2 std modules), but it's
expensive and I've never used it.

They're not cheap, but they were little/no more expensive than the
normal sized modules, and IMHO look pretty good. To get the price break
I bought enough to do the house. Rooms that only need two lines (phone +
network) will have one 'dummy,' without a socket behind it.

HTH,

Regards,

Simonm.

--
simonm|at|muircom|dot|demon|.|c|oh|dot|u|kay
SIMON MUIR, UK INDEPENDENCE PARTY, BRISTOL www.ukip.org