jim rozen

In article , Frank J Warner
says...

My friends think I am a bit of a nutcase when I mention what is on my
mind and either dismiss me as being overly pessimistic or are resigned
to going down with a sinking ship. I feel better if I am getting
prepared. What strategies would you guys suggest.

Off the top of my head:

1. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.
2. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.
3. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.
4. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and
stay in contact with them.
5. Eat less.
6. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.
7. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home
in 10 min. and never return.
8. Familiarize yourself with the basics of vegetable gardening & animal
husbandry.
9. Learn a skill (metalworking?) that will be valuable to a low-tech
community.
10. Learn to distinguish truth from bull****.

Interesting. I think you and gunner are on the same wavelength.

1 - check. 2 - check. 3 - I should do this. 4 - check. 5 - hmm.
6 - sigh. This I should *really* do. 8 - a good idea. 9 - check.
10 - :^)

I saved seven for last.

Because it's the hardest one to answer. Here you are talking
*things*, not people, right? (if people, am I allowed to choose
some that don't live here now?)

If things, then I guess the first catagory might be portable
wealth. Funds, credit cards, etc might go in this catagory.

It would also depend on where I was going, and if I knew
where I was going. Also, how would I be travelling?

Does it all have to fit in my pockets, in a pack, or in my
pickup?

Jim

please reply to: