Swingman

"Rob Ritch" wrote in message

use his to resaw in the future. What are other people’s opinions about

the
two different styles of saw, and these saws in particular? TIA

I own an older, but not ancient 14" Delta, closed stand, with a riser block.
The answer to the question really depends upon what is your main use of the
saw.

Although I have the riser block installed, I've rarely approached the
capacity in most of my furniture and cabinet endeavors. IOW, I don't think I
would miss it.

In short, do you really need the added capacity with the riser? If not, I'd
pick the smoothest cutting, most vibration free of the two. Since you
already have a 28-276 as a go-by, I'd certainly tryout the Rikon, equipped
with the same blade, for those qualities before making up my mind.

Also keep in mind that, at least in my experience, the addition of the riser
can often throw things out of whack and, particularly with the newer models,
getting them back cutting to "spec" may be more of an involved process than
you want to be bothered with if all what you want to do is make sawdust.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04