Tim S

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:44:18 +0000, Tim Mitchell wrote:

In article , Rob Morley
writes
In article , "John Wilson"
says...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...
Look when it comes WASPS season the kids can't go out and play

Course they can. They're far bigger than the wasps.

It's not nice to see your kids scared because of wasps and not wanting
to go outside because there is lots of them

Then you shouldn't have brought them up to be scared of something that
is less dangerous than junk food and crossing the road, should you?

It's funny, but my children are also scared of wasps and other flying
and crawling things, and they have certainly never been taught that
insects are bad or dangerous. Us parents don't run screaming when we see
one. I can only think it is an inbuilt danger reaction to the unknown or
something. No doubt the psychologists can explain it.

Wasps are stripy yellow (=danger), buzzy and string like little b*ggers if
annoyed, unlike bees which have to be pushed quite hard to sting and it
hurts a lot if you're little. Scared the knees off me when I was little
(though, not as much as hornets, now *they* are total b*st*rds).

Tim