Default Inexpensive oven style thermostat?

Ignoramus21962 wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive oven style thermostat to make a meat
smoker with settable temperature. Range of 150-300 degrees F would be
fine. The thermostat would have to have a sensor inside an enclosure,
and control an electric range style heating element. The lowest

prices
that I have seen is about $55 or so. Is there anything cheaper that
I missed?

Thanks.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/ferrups-meat-smoker/

These guys have just about everything for smoking and sausage making:
http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=274

Not cheap, though. This looks like some standard commercial product, if
you can find out who made it. Their catalog has some other items that
don't show up on the web site.

There's some industrial surplus outfits out there that sometimes have
oddball controllers and thermocouples for cheap, a couple of places to
start are Surplus Center and C&H Sales. Undoubtedly Google will turn
up others.

Stan