Jerry.

Default Joining a co-axial cable

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
Jerry. wrote:
Because if everyone who buys a 'metre' of cable actually cuts off 110
cm that works out at 10% shrinkage of stock. Much better to make
people buy

5m
when they only need 3.

Well they only need to employ 'till idiots' who can use a tape measure
and all their problems should be solved, and those of the customer
trying to pay

I bought some polythene tube the other day by the metre at B&Q. They look
it up in a catalogue which has life sized pics to help them identify it -
and a bar code to scan.

My local one, since much improved, had catalogues with actual off cuts stuck
to the page, didn't stop the 'till idiot' getting it wrong on more than one
occasion !

But she just asked me how long it was - didn't
actually check. Real performance cutting it - all they had was a dirty
great hydraulic job for steel chains, etc, when I expected snips on a
chain. Perhaps someone cut the chain for the snips with the hydraulic
cutter...

I'm not sure what system they have now, but at one time they had both the
hydraulic cutter and snipes padlocked with a sign telling customers to ask
for assistance - trouble was finding someone who had the keys. As I said,
the store is much improved, internally rebuilt and extended, they had to
either improve or close I suspect....