Steve@carolinabreezehvac

wrote in message
A contractor I had been talking to about repalcing my dying outside
2 ton A/C condensing unit with a of his new overstock heat pump
outside units ( he is heavily discounting below the the cost of a std
a/c condensing it because it is brand he does't use anymore but will
warranty it ) . He told me that changes are planned for the inside
coil as it is a 2 ton unit too and it is just a mmter of wiring the
unit to work only in A/C mode . Is this correct ? - thanks

Dunno...you dont mention the brand, not that it matters, but I would be wary
of anyone that claims they can sell you a heat pump unit for below the cost
of a straight AC unit...period.
If hes a legit contractor, he can move the heat pumps with those that need
them, and can still sell you a new condensing unit for a discount should he
be wanting to make you a deal.
Most..NOT ALL, but most heat pumps run wholesale more than double that of a
straight AC unit....so...its up to you what you want to do.

Its not a Goodman or Janitrol outside unit is it?