Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"Jeff and Jennifer Cook" wrote:

My wife and I are in the process of a new home construction. We have
purchased a large stained glass window to hang above the stairs (6' x 8').
We are planning on having an outside tempered glass window in front of the
stained glass. Any tips on what I should have the window hangers do and not
do? Should I line the inide of the tempered glass with screen or chicken
wire to keep a rock from coming through or is the tempered glass sufficient?
Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm a little confused about how it's going to be installed. Is the
stained glass free hanging (hovering over the stairs) or will it be
inside a window casement in the wall? If it's free hanging, you'd
certainly want tempered or safety glass that shatters in little square
pieces - hate to think of someone accidentally breaking the protective
glass from below only to be rained on with shards.

If it's to be mounted in an exterior window then you'd likely be A-OK
with a double strength pane (I think the 2x glass is noticeably quieter
in sound transmission but that's just my opinion). As Charles Spitzer
mentioned, get a stained glass shop involved in the installation. 6'x8'
is a pretty large panel and if constructed correctly will have
reinforcing bars tied in at regular intervals.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long