Lew Hartswick

carl mciver wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
| "Eric R Snow" wrote in message
| Awright, I know there's folks here who know about this. After seeing a
| 1949 Ferrari 166MM on the show "Victory By Design" I wanna learn about
| tubular space frames. That 166MM car has a just about perfect body.
| The looks of the car just blew me away when it first showed up on the
| tv screen. The interior and the engine were also spectacular. So , I
| guess books should be a good starting point but what about web sites
| with examples. And a link to pictures of the 166MM with the body off
| would be great too. I've googled and haven't found any yet. So, books,
| web sites, museums ?
| Thanks,
| Eric R Snow,
| E T Precision Machine

| Beyond that, _Chassis Engineering_ by Herb Adams, and _Race Car Chassis
| Design and Construction_ by Forbes Aird. I think they're both in print.

This is the book I have and I second the suggestion. Paperback. Short
on specifics and all that, but the book isn't meant to be a mathematical
treatise, and even states that as such. Other than that, there is great
explanation of coming up with a good design, which I thoroughly enjoyed
reading.

Have you ever looked at a "Bird cage Masaratti" ?
Back in about 1959 or so I saw my first one and thought how neet.
...lew...