Chris J Dixon

Owain wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote
| Having had to call the board out recently - flickering
| supply and overheating main fuse - I was impressed by
| how efficiently everything was repaired. I know I
| wouldn't have fancied the hot working.
| What I hadn't been aware of was that we were on PME,
| and now the new fuse has a label to that effect. As
| it happens, the recent work I did included upgrading
| the earth bonding, and was easily sufficient for PME,
| but should the type of earth have been apparent to me?

It's possible that you weren't on PME before, and when replacing the main
fuse assembly they took the opportunity to 'upgrade' you.

You should have known what your earthing was before, because it affects
cable calculations and protection methods, and is a fundamental part of
completing a test and isnpection certificate.

No, the cable was not changed, and had only live & neutral. What
I meant was, ought the type of earthing to have been apparent to
anybody working on the system, in the absence of any labeling.

I understand that it is necessary to know, for the reasons you
state, but there was no visible indication or other
documentation.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK