newman wrote:
As subject. For domestic use.

Regards

I dont know how much youll use it, but if its just for occasional use,
you could probably make one for a few quid using a metal bar and no
pulleys, and nylon rope. If you use it day in day out the rope will
fray after a while because of the lack of pulleys, I mention it cos
most of us will have enough bits in our box to make something up in 10
minutes.

Even a decent piece of wood could be used as a pulley block if the load
isnt too much, just drill generous holes in it and curve the hole
corners round so the rope sees a smooth graduated bend.

Note I've not made them that way, but have used enough of the
techniques described here to think it should work.

Many times I find its quicker to make my own kit than go to a shop.

NT