Ed Huntress

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

It was a very common low-buck racer when I was involved ('67 - '72), and
the
consensus was that you gritted your teeth and opened your eyes a little
wider in a Bugeye when you got up around 100...much like racing a

Porsche
Speedster.

I raced from '78 to '88, but never a Sprite so I can't say I have any
experience in one at 100MPH. I do have plenty of experience with them
sideways at lower speeds and never found them particularly demanding.

What class and region did you race in? I did ITB and GTA in the San
Francisco region. Along with karts and autocross too. I was busy there

for
a couple of years...

Yeah, that sounds pretty busy. I raced for a time in FP and GP, North Jersey
Region. I also raced in Michigan for a few months. I thought it was called
Central Michigan but I see now that it's Western Michigan. Maybe they
re-aligned the region in the last 35 years. g

In '83 I went back to driver's school in an ITC car, but the medical
examiner wouldn't let me race. That's why I quit in '73. Actually, they
wouldn't renew my license.

--
Ed Huntress