Larry Green

On 2/16/05 6:29 PM, Terry Collins wrote:
Emmo wrote:

Global Warming is as much of a problem for the world as Y2K was...

ROFL, you clearly don't understand.
Global warming will affect the whole globe.

Y2K was only ever going to affect short sighted companies that didn't
modify their computer programs. In truth there just wasn't that many of
them left since many companies had been making changes since the 1980's.

LOL...as someone who was 'on duty' at a County Emergency Control Centre
for the 'Y2K' period I can honestly say it was the biggest 'non-event'
it has ever been my misfortune to sit through. The only 'up' side was
the endless supply of food and drink (non-alcoholic) and the company of
the rest of the people who were forced to endure hours of mindless
tedium waiting for something we all knew was never going to happen
anyway. At 1 a.m. we decided enough was enough and all went home.

--
Larry Green