John Ings

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:29:30 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Back to the question, there is one book that is an absolute must for

anyone
interested in space frame car construction, _Racing & Sports Car Chassis
Design_, by M. Costin and D. Phipps.

Yeah, only $148 for a used one at amazon.com!

But I've got a copy that I can let Eric have.

Wasn't it reprinted a couple of years ago? I thought that HP Books or
somebody reprinted it.

Amazon lists "used & new from $148.95" then lists only five used ones.

Do you have _Sports Car Bodywork_, with all of the pullout panels? Someone
offered me $200 for that a while back.

I remember having it at one time. I may have given it to a friend who
was building a wood-bodied sportscar. He was using thin strips of
veneer laminated with epoxy to form curved surfaces, same principle as
Howard Hughes "Spruce Goose".

I still have Philip H. Smith's Design and Tuning of Competition
Engines. Revised edition 1957

Ah the halcyon days of a misspent youth...!