Appliance Repair Aid

Intergate wrote:
I have a year and a half old Maytag side by side refrig with the ice
and water in the door.

All of a sudden yesterday the ice maker in the freezer started
creaking while it is making ice. I can put my hand on it while it
creaks and feel a vibration.

Any body point me to where I might start looking for the problem?

Thanks
--
Tim

Hi,

I have a year and a half old Maytag side by side refrig

Check your warranty in the use&care manual, many of these have a 2 year
parts only warranty.

All of a sudden yesterday the ice maker in the freezer started
creaking while it is making ice.

Bad motor inside the icemaker, chemical build up on the mold parts
making the cubes hard to eject, broken/breaking arm inside the icemaker
head....probably new icemaker time.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/