Stormin Mormon

Liberal gun haters design water heater tanks, now?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Warner" wrote in message
Speedy Jim wrote:

More in that vein: A number of times we have seen the inner flue
passage *inside* the heater collapse. The pressure of the water
crushes a tank core weakened by age and rust.

Exactly, I had a Rheem heater that failed in this manner. The flue
stack had collapsed. One sign of the impending collapse was large
piles of rust flakes in the burner chamber.

A possible accelerator of this process was my use of chlorinated
degreasing solvents (gun cleaner) in the basement. This stuff breaks
down in the flame, releasing chlorine, which combines with combusion
moisture, which condenses as acid on the inside of the stack.

One way to prove this. Move the draft hoof and flue pipe aside, and
try to lift the baffle plate out of the heater stack. If it won't
move, then the stack has collapsed.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.