Ed Huntress

"Rex B" wrote in message
Back to the question, there is one book that is an absolute must for

anyone
interested in space frame car construction, _Racing & Sports Car Chassis
Design_, by M. Costin and D. Phipps.

Good book, have an original.

There also is a welding book that specifically talks about welding space
frames, _Performance Welding_ by Richard Finch. It's pretty good. Ignore
what he says about brazing 4130. He's wrong about that.

What did they print that was wrong?

He says that brazing 4130 can crack it. I did a real research job on it and
found that no one agrees with him, including the old author of _The Brazing
Book_, who did brazing research for 4130 aircraft frames during WWII, and,
more recently, some high-quality custom bicycle builders who bronze-braze
4130 all the time.

There was some speculation by those experts about where he may have gotten
the idea, but I forget exactly what it is. I tried to contact him through
his publisher about it but I never heard back from him.

--
Ed Huntress