Peter Grey

Wasn't it Brian Redman, that when referring to the production run of some
vintage race car, quipped that "all forty of the original twenty-five still
exist"?

Peter

"EdFielder" wrote in message
nk.net...
An interesting aside, during the crazy inflation years of late 80's and
early 90's when prices went through the roof for all sorts of classic
cars,
people were selling Ferrari engines for over 1 million each depending on
the
vintage- also chassis, bodies etc, were being sold or re-made to resemble
certain valuable vintage models. It did not take long before some
enterprising types realized that you could actually duplicate the engines
as
well as chassis from the castings up for 1/2 the price of a real one.
Counterfeits flooded the market in the entire spectrum of classics until
the
price fell to more realistic levels. There were 2 guys in England
involved
in a lengthy legal battle over a Le Mans vintage Aston Martin. The
original
car had been wrecked during the race and subsequently scrapped. One guy
ended up with the engine block and another guy came across part of the
original chassis. Both guys had complete replicas built around the small
parts they had and then were trying to peddle them both as the "original"

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Awright, I know there's folks here who know about this. After seeing a
1949 Ferrari 166MM on the show "Victory By Design" I wanna learn about
tubular space frames. That 166MM car has a just about perfect body.
The looks of the car just blew me away when it first showed up on the
tv screen. The interior and the engine were also spectacular. So , I
guess books should be a good starting point but what about web sites
with examples. And a link to pictures of the 166MM with the body off
would be great too. I've googled and haven't found any yet. So, books,
web sites, museums ?
Thanks,
Eric R Snow,
E T Precision Machine