Robert Swinney

Tom sez: "You might be more worried about the purchase of Molson Breweries."

Not to worry, Tom! I don't think the Molson-Coors merger will screw up
either beer, do you? The world needs a US/Canadian beer conglomerate to
compete with those pesky Europeans, don't you think? Besides, I always
thought Heinekins and Coors were a lot alike; and frankly, I could do
without either one.

Bob Swinney

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
m...
am.

"stanley baer" wrote in message
I know that global warming is not talked about too much in the US, but you
guys seem like a pretty well informed bunch and I am curious what your
ideas would be concerning the following.

I have done a bit of reading on global warming and its possible effects.
Even if there is only a 30% chance that what the scientists predict
actually happens, I would like to be prepared. As I understand it, the
effects of global warming will not really hit hard for the next 15-20
years, but after that things may get ugly (large scale droughts, change
in ocean currents, rising sea levels etc.)

What would you guys do if you were 35 years old, had a family and wanted
to protect them from the possible chaos that these changes will cause due
to food shortages, economic depression, mass migration from hard hit
parts of the globe and all the social unrest that will accompany all
this.

I live near Toronto in Canada, I have thought about buying farm land in
the area. Though fertile and unlikely to suffer from drought, it is
relatively expensive due to the high population density. I am also
afraid that if things got bad enough, trying to be self sufficient in a
highly populated area would be next to impossible as the starving masses
from the nearby cities would constanly be looting your land.

My friends think I am a bit of a nutcase when I mention what is on my
mind and either dismiss me as being overly pessimistic or are resigned to
going down with a sinking ship. I feel better if I am getting prepared.
What strategies would you guys suggest.