john

John B
some gas slide in style ovens have a draw in the bottom under
the oven door i wonder if you remove the door the oven would
"drop in" and a small amount of cabinet trim could match up the
bottom gap?

note the drawer at the bottom looks like you could remove it
and have the stove recessed about 2 inches at the bottom.
i believe the reason they do not sell drop in gas ranges is
WARNING WARNING Will Robinson (robot voice off)
doesn't natural gas tend to gather in low lying areas... wouldn't
a drop in cabinet be a low lying area....?? this older design
might no longer be available because of the potential for faulty
valves & fittings leaking into a confined space...

the drop in style most likely has a pedestal that some of the weight is
distributed on. if you can lift the stove out of the spot slightly to take
a look you might get a better feel for what you need to do to get it to
work. measure the counter height to make sure the final height can be
achieved with standard products...

also if this is an apartment, sometime land lords will deduct the
improvements
from the rent. talk to them about this...i would think you could neatly cut
the bottom part of the cabinet down to accommodate a modern appliance.
john

"John B" wrote in message
Can anyone advise me where, in the USA, I might buy a new "drop-in"
30-inch-wide gas range? I can't find one. It would be used as a
replacement for an apartment kitchen. I have found a drop-in electric
range, but building owners don't want to upgrade the electrical resouce at
the kitchen. Gas is already there.