Terry Collins

stanley baer wrote:

I have done a bit of reading on global warming and its possible effects.

Did that reading tell you that they don't really know what will happen
where?
If it didn't, then it wasn't much good. The thing is that atm, they
don't really know which parts will get wetter, which will get drier,
etc.

What would you guys do if you were 35 years old, had a family and wanted
to protect them from the possible chaos that these changes will cause
due to food shortages, economic depression, mass migration from hard hit
parts of the globe and all the social unrest that will accompany all this.

I would not sweat on it too much as society will go on in one form or
another. My comments are more general life skills; diversify. Sure, have
a main career, but have skills (even basic skills) in everything else
you can develop; wood, metal, plastic, masonary/ceramics,
electrical/electronics, oh and most importantly gardening.

The important thing is to have one go at everything, because when it
becomes a neccessity, that will save you so many losses, it aint funny.
And the experience in working in one area will help with understanding
what needs to be done in another. Or to put it another way, if is fine
knowing what to do, but a hell of a lot better knowing how to do it.

As to land, this is a trade off. The "safest" land is out of the way,
but it presents less opportunities if you want to live on the land and
earn a income from the passing trade (art gallery, pottery, gardens,
nursery, etc).

Seriously, I doubt that there is going to be disaster type scenarios,
like in the movies. Those will come from volcanoes, tsunamis, mud
slides, floods, fires, etc, etc.