Suz

Tumble driers are for the most part pointless, since one only need hang
clothes up for them to dry, the driers waste money to buy, space to
keep them, and cost to run - none of which there is any need for.

This is of course nonsense. It's no more valid than saying "TVs waste
energy + time, so you shouldn't have one" - you get to choose whether you
want a TV, and you get to choose whether you want a tumble drier.

I personally think they're a great idea. They dry our clothes nice and
quick, and leave them feeling much softer than air-dried clothes.

Our condensing drier pumps out all its waste heat into our unheated
utility room, so for most of the year it is quite welcome heat.

When you hang clothes up to dry, you dump all that water into your house
atmosphere. This may be good or bad, depending on your ambient humidity,
but it isn't very controlled.
[snip]

--
Grunff