monkers

Thanks guys for the info. Here is what I learned so far, (Ned, I hadnt
seen your post prior to right now, Im gonna look up the Boston Gear
info, thanks) : I looked in MSC, Grainger and McMaster, I believe the
LH designation means its set up left hand, can be changed to right
hand, sure enough when I looked at it again, you could move the input
shaft from side to side, just switch the covers, It looks like it will
handle all the power I`ll need, the cross hole isnt tapered but had a
lightly press fit dowel pin which held the clutch assem on the shaft.
The outer sleeve of the assem covered the dowel pin so it could not
fall out. I have no objection to using a cross pin, but the pulleys Im
going to order (4-step) have a keyway with set screw. It does turn in
each direction, and has a nice big bearing with two nuts, must be to
take up end play? Looks very well made considering it is not stamped
with any name. Im going to replace the seals, and make new gaskets.
There is some slight corrosion in the case that will need to be removed
so it doesnt waste the bearings.
Thank you for your help , I really appreciate
it.
Craig