Tim S

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:32:48 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

Tumble driers are for the most part pointless, since one only need hang
clothes up for them to dry, the driers waste money to buy, space to keep
them, and cost to run - none of which there is any need for.

You clearly have no children. The sheer quantity of laundry required would
require every surface in the house to be used for drying clothes, which is
ugly and impractical. We often do four washes in one day.

It would also require twice as much bedding (and storage for such), as you
couldn't turn it around in a day.

Christian.

Bing

Ditto dishwashers. I used to think that people who owned dishwashers were
essentially too rich/gay/lazy. After all, only took me 5-10 mins max to
wash up after dinner (including the lunch and breakfast dishes lying
around). That was when I lived on my own in a tiny flat and ate frozen
pizza.

Then I got married and had a sproglet.

Tim