Lobster

Default Joining a co-axial cable

Sneezy wrote in message . 222.124...
I need to cut and re-join a co-axial TV aerial cable but I've no idea what
tools and connectors I'll need. I might also need a bit of cable to connect
the two ends but there's a lot of different types of cable and I haven't
the foggiest when it comes to co-ax. Everything will be in a damp, cold
environment. I also wanted to fit a wall plate connector and make up a
short length of cable from the TV to the wall but wall plates with back
boxes don't exist for some reason. Any advice?

In addition to what others have said....
You don't say exactly why you want to need to cut and rejoin (maybe
twice?) the co-ax; but if there's a way of extending te cable to where
you need it without doing this (ie by replacing it with a longer
length) then go for it. There's a good chance you could reduce your
picture quality by introducing joints; best avoided if possible.

David