Sneezy

Default Joining a co-axial cable

Sneezy wrote in
22.124:

I need to cut and re-join a co-axial TV aerial cable but I've no idea
what tools and connectors I'll need. I might also need a bit of cable
to connect the two ends but there's a lot of different types of cable
and I haven't the foggiest when it comes to co-ax. Everything will be
in a damp, cold environment. I also wanted to fit a wall plate
connector and make up a short length of cable from the TV to the wall
but wall plates with back boxes don't exist for some reason. Any
advice?

One final thing - is co-ax like electrical cable in that you can
cut/strip it with a sharp knife or do you need a (pricey) stripper thing?
I'm assuming that you remove the insulation, leaving just the inner copper
wire, when fitting the connectors.

--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand." -
Putt's Law