Martin Rost

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
It will be the first time that I will make my own paste beeswax polish.
From what I have heard it is a 5 to 1 ratio. That is one part beeswax for

5
parts of mineral oil.
The first recipe I have is: 1 part beeswax for 5 parts of mineral oil.
The second is :....{SNIP}

Denis,
People have a lot of personal preferences when it comes to finishes.
Start by making up small batches to see what you prefer. I use ointment
tins (you can use small candy tins) and one of those plug-in coffee cup
warmers to melt beeswax and mineral oil or beeswax and walnut oil or beeswax
and carnauba. I haven't bothered with exact ratios, just spoon a little
out, let it cool and see if it is the consistency you want, and then adjust
as necessary. I don't mix the beeswax with any solvents, that's my personal
preference.
And that's my opinion on beeswax.
I find that the beeswax/mineral mixture is also good on shoes and smells
better than shoe polish.

Martin
Long Island, New York