Jim Yanik

Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:U7ydnRY6TupGTY3fRVn-
:

If after investigating you find that everything is up to snuff with the
home's wiring, but the incoming voltage is on the high side, but not so
high that your utility will do anything about it, there are a few things
you can do:

1. Buy 130 volt bulbs. They are available through electrical supply
houses.

HD and Lowes also sell them,as "contractor" bulbs,in large packs,24 or more
bulbs.One of those two -used- to sell them in smaller,more practical
packs(for me),but I haven't been able to find them lately.
I prefer to use the 130v bulbs.

You'll find they will last a LOT longer. They cost quite a bit
more than commonly available bulbs, and you won't get as many lumens of
light per watt consumed, but every convenience has its price.

I had a 130V 100W bulb last for 14 years in the globe in my dining room,and
it was on a dimmer,but I turned it on and off normally but not dimming to
'out',but at about a 85 % level.

Ordinary incandescent bulb filaments gradually erode and become thinner,and
finally,the turn out surge is what kills them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik