Dave Plowman

Default Warm Air Heating

In article ,
MBQ wrote:
I also said that I'm willing to believe it is possible to have a good
bespoke warm air system.

I 'crashed' for a short while in a friend's place which had warm air
heating and it was awful. He constantly praised it for low running costs
and quick warm up etc. But when he moved - to a brand new house which was
one of two built near by on a site clearance, it didn't have warm air
heating which I'd guess he could have specified if he'd really wanted to.

The reality, however, based on my experience, is that I would advise
avoiding the vast majority of installations or budget for their
replacement as they are poorly designed and installed.

Yes. Regardless of what may be possible, the reality is that domestic
installations - and many office type ones - are poor and unsuited for our
climate. If we had the sort of weather where air-con was required for much
of the year, things might be different.

--
*Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Dave Plowman London SW 12