bill

"Zipadee Doodar" wrote in message
Greetings.

My loft hatch is right at the top of the stairs, and so for safety, I

intend
to open a new hatch further along the landing. I am OK with supporting,
cutting out and reinstating the joist in the loft, but need advice

regarding
cutting the lath and plaster ceiling to give a reasonable clean line, and
without bringing chunks down all around. I know architrave will cover

minor
rough edges, but to make it more complicated, the ceiling is covered in
artex so I want to avoid having to reinstate as much as possible.

All advice gratefully received.

make a wooden frame for the hole you are going to cut out

screw the frame through the ceiling to the joints and tight as possible

cut the hole out inside the frame