tiredofspam

That's alot of pressure. But it sounds reasonable that under 3 tons
isn't going to do it. Wood really doesn't compress all that easily. So
is 20 absolutely necessary or is there somewhere in between. And how
thick would the casing have to be? Any idea?
I guess the casing can have some ears welded on so that the ears can
keep the tube off the press when trying to eject the compressed log.

OldNick wrote:

On 14 Feb 2005 05:30:52 -0800, "WoodchuckCanuck"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

For compression, would a log splitter
be suitable? The couple of tons of pressure

Think mnore around 20 tonnes of pressure...