Leon

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
Anybody use magnetic featherboards for the table saw. The Griptite look
ok, but exensive ($40 AT WOODCRAFT).

Anybody make their own? I have a pretty strong magnet that I bought that
cleans my fish tank glass (the magnetic portion stays on one side of the
glass and the metallic portion is in the water on the other side) and I
was thinking of converting them into featherboards. Anyone try this?

thanks

Well contrary to most users findings, I did not like them, The did not grip
tight enough for me and I found that they would slip if a little leverage
worked against them. I was surprised to see that they moved so easily.
Like Bob G. I prefer the orange Bench dog feather boards. Those don't
slip.