Jim Stewart

Jon Haugsand wrote:
* Jim Stewart

Jon Haugsand wrote:

* DoN. Nichols

P.S. Out of curiosity -- now that you have images, what is the term
for them in Norway?

Have now found out. Some call it "kuppelmutter" i.e. "domed nut" and
some "hettemutter" or "hooded nut".

Ok, I have to ask. Is the same word for nut
also slang for testicle?

Well, as nut have several meanings in English, and those translate
into different words in Norwegian, not all of them are slang for
testicle. "Mutter" is the Norwegian word for "nut" as in "nuts and
bolts". "Nøtt" (i.e. "Nott" with a slash through the o) is the word
for the edible "nut" as in "hazzle nut" or "oak nut". The latter,
"nøtt", are sometimes used as slang for testicle, but not very
common. (So many others to use, "familiejuveler" (family jewels),
"baller" (balls), and so on.) (OT: My first cousing got married in
California a few years ago. The wedding menu was Norwegian fish
balls, which is shocking by itself as this is the cheapest dinner
varity you can get in Norway. As the wedding guests line up a man
said "Huh, huh, I didn't know that fish had balls." Lady in front:
"It must be large fish though.")

LOL