On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:32:43 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
wrote:

As much as I hate to admit it.... today's Republican representatives we have
elected as our voice in Washington have bought in to the spend, spend, spend
mania. I hate this as much as I imagine some Democrats hate the Kennedy,
Kerry, Edwards and ugh, double ugh, Screaming Dean.

Yes, agreed. Both are examples of the old saying "absolute power
corrupts absolutely." IMHO.

The thing that is different for me, is that liberals want to spend
taxpayers money on social programs. conservatives want to keep it
with the wealthy and ignore the poor. I feel that a decent society
MUST care for their disadvantaged. We can't reduce spending on
Medicare and SS when the demand for those programs will be going up.
Too many kids don't have adequate food, medical care, and education.
This is going to cost us in the long run, and IMHO it's the
conservatives who don't care about these things.

regards

Hal